This qualification is for the teacher working with children in an outdoor learning environment.
This course is recognised by OFSTEAD and covers all the requirements as set out by HSE.
Our Forest School and Beach school first aid course can be achieved by our bespoke ‘BLENDED LEARNING’ program. Partly e-learning and Zoom meeting followed by practical and assessment sessions. The practical sessions ensure that the content and delivery meets the learning outcomes as required by HSE and the IOL.
Our innovative approach to the blended learning program has proved very popular with the content of the online modules covering all the required elements. This can be achieved in the comfort of your own home at your own pace before attending the practical sessions.
It is recommended that learners have a minimum of Level 1 literacy or equivalent. This qualification is for those over 16 years of age. All learners must be able to perform practical elements such as CPR on the ground. There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
- Be able to support a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Conduct a primary survey
- Identify the need to commence CPR
- Demonstrate CPR
- Demonstrate how to place an adult casualty into the recovery position
- Demonstrate how to place an infant in a recovery position
- Be able to support a casualty who is choking
- Identify when choking is mild / severe
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid to a choking casualty
Who We Work With
What they say
The course was great, the practical use of the snow slope is definitely well received.
We have group rates and bespoke courses class size max 12 per trainer, please contact us for more information
This WCT BLENDED LEARNING AWARD in Forest School First Aid is ideal for those working in the Outdoor Learning environment