Award in Safeguarding and Protecting Children and Young People
This qualification provides those working with children and young people the knowledge on how to recognise and respond to cases of alleged or suspected abuse. Ideal for those working within the sports environments.
Who should take this course; (But not limited to the following)
- Sports coaches and sports Trainers working with young people
- Designated Senior Person for child protection
- Teachers and Head teachers
- Classroom assistants
- SEN Co-ordinators
- Any person working in educational settings who may deal with young people
- Qualified nurses who work with children and young people
- Children’s entertainers
- Social workers
- Paramedics who may work with young children
- Health and social care support workers, managers and professionals
- Youth workers
- Volunteers working with children and young people
- Doctors and other medical practitioners
- Understand how to safeguard and protect children, young people in the workplace/Organisations and sports environments.
- Know how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused.
- Identify the main forms of abuse.
- Identifying the 4 key concepts of Abuse and Neglect
- Understanding the elements in ‘grooming’
- Understanding ‘Trafficking’ in relation to abuse in children and young people
- Understand Female Genital Mutilation
- How gangs can be a vehicle for abuse in young children
- The law and its boundaries within the England/Northern Ireland/Wales and Scotland
- Effective responses by the individual/organisation
- Protecting yourself
Group rates and bespoke courses class size max 12 per trainer, please contact us for more information.
To book a bespoke course for your group please contact us